Want to become a Workshop Electrician at RECO Hoist?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join our team based at our depot in St Ives, Cambridgeshire. Are you a Workshop Electrician open to a new job? We are looking forward to meeting you! Here are some reasons why you should consider working with us:
✅ Industry Leader: RECO Hoist Hire & Sales has been a trusted name in the hoisting industry for over 60 years. Join our team and be a part of a company that values quality, innovation, and customer satisfaction.
✅ Career Growth Opportunities: At RECO Hoist Hire & Sales, we believe in investing in our employees' long-term success. As a Workshop Electrician, you'll have access to continuous learning and development programs, allowing you to enhance your skills and climb the career ladder within our organization.
✅ Diverse and Challenging Projects: As a Workshop Electrician at RECO, you'll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects. From maintenance and repairs to custom installations, no two days will be the same.
✅ Team Collaboration: Join a team of skilled professionals who are passionate about their work. You'll have the chance to collaborate, learn, and grow alongside industry experts who value teamwork and shared success.
✅ Competitive Compensation: We believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work and dedication. Enjoy a competitive salary and attractive benefits like a Heath Care- and a Pension Scheme as part of the RECO team.
What will your job as a Workshop Electrician at RECO Hoist Hire & Sales look like?
As a workshop electrician you will be responsible for carrying out breakdown repairs, routine maintenance and testing of electrical components on our temporary constructions hoists.
Your duties in this role will include the following:
- To repair, rewire and build 3 phase control panels to manufacturers drawings and specification.
- To test 3 phase motors and control gear and record insulation and resistance readings.
- To rewire hoist cages, motor packs and control switches / sensors etc.
- To carry out PAT testing of workshop and office equipment.
- To carry out maintenance and repairs to workshop supplies, and electric equipment.
- To liaise with the purchasing team to maintain stock levels.
- To program parameters into logic control systems and 3 phase inverters.
- To work safely at height.
- To ensure the health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- To complete relevant paperwork accurately and submit to the office.
- To assist in supplying solutions to rectify hoist breakdowns on site.
- To wear and maintain provided PPE at all times.
- To use manufacturers drawings to assist in fault finding.
Are you the right person for the job?
- Previous experience in industrial electrics is essential.
- Trained to NVQ level 3 in electrical installations and maintenance is desirable.
- Ability to work efficiently within tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent numeracy & literacy and communication skills.
- Mechanical/Electrical knowledge would be advantageous.
- Positive and friendly approach to their duties.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team to enhance our service to our customers.
Are you interested?
If you feel you have the essential requirements we are looking for and are interested in this exciting position, please click the apply button! For more information about this exciting position, please contact Georgia Stanley on 01480 475377.